About Us and Your Team:
Half Past Nine was founded to redefine the experience companies have working with outside marketing partners. Founded in 2020, we're a young, and diverse team that spans 4 continents. We were also founded to be 100% remote, and have no plans to require team members to return to a boring, stuffy, office, ever.
Half Past Nine is a Digital Growth Consultancy. We help our clients do one thing: scale, sustainably. With a team that hails from every function of marketing from Brand, Marketing Automation, Paid, to PR, to Social, we view growth as a holistic challenge that requires a 360° view on customer acquisition, journey, and retention.
That said, Half Past Nine is not a full-service shop. We focus on two things: paid media, and Marketing Intelligence. Paid media meaning the deployment of paid dollars at the intersection of efficiency and long term growth. Marketing Intelligence meaning best-in-class technology and solutions to have a unified, holistic, 360° view on CAC, LTV, the customer, and the market.
As Operations Manager, you will report directly to the CEO and provide generalist support to day to day business operations (Finance, HR, Legal). You also will be in charge of developing and enacting scalable processes for Delivery and Client service functions.
What it's Like to Work Here:
- Challenge - working here is fast paced with a high standard for excellence. You are expected to be an absolute hustler, pushing hard to meet deadlines and client deliverables.
- Growth - As an early member of the team you will have unparalleled opportunities to grow alongside the firm. This role has substantial growth opportunities and financial upside, including a track to senior leadership and team development.
- Freedom - we believe in hiring the best and at the same time giving ultimate freedom to those on the team. This is not a workplace where you have someone breathing down your neck. This is a place where your voice and opinion is heard and valued.
- Flexible Work Hours - If you don't have meetings, no one is keeping score on whether you sign-on at 8 am or 10:30 am. Or if you sign off at 3pm or 7pm. There's an expectation that you will do whatever it takes to get your work done, but there is no expectation of fixed work hours. This isn't a factory line.
- 100% Remote - and we mean it. If you can get your work done while on a beach in Miami, go for it. All we ask is for no client calls from the beach please.
- Benefits - Monthly reimbursements for gym memberships, health + wellness, and continued education. Full Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, and PTO that you're actually encouraged to take.
- A competitive Salary: $64,000-$86,000 CAD
- You will manage key day-to-day business administration functions (legal, finance, hr)
- You will help to project manage large internal projects, ensuring they stay on track and prioritized
- You will serve as the ClickUp champion of the organization, supporting the team with ClickUp oversight, enforcement, and development
- You will assist with process implementation for the Delivery team, supporting the Chief Delivery Officer in process development and enhancement
- You will help keep key business technologies (Google Drive, ClickUp) organized, neat, and clean
- Support onboarding of new team members
- You will support with Information Technology including ideation of new tech to use, and the management and implementation of new technology
Required Hard Skills:
- Previous agency/professional services operations experience
- General digital marketing experience and understanding
- Mastery of ClickUp
- Project or product management experience
- Proficient understanding of Finance / Accounting
- Business models / basic financial Modeling proficiency
- Basic understanding of contracts (Bonus)
You command a room and have no problem enforcing the right way of doing things
- You are outspoken, are comfortable managing team members and vocalizing the right way of doing things. You have command over a room and are uncomfortable enforcing company policies and processes
You are extremely organized and detail oriented
- You naturally keep things organized, from naming conventions on documents and folders. You are an excellent project manager, with a strong sense of urgency, and do not let things slip through the cracks.
You have a long-term, builders mindset
- You understand that sometimes, doing things right means taking a longer way. And that is ok with you, because, you know it's better to build things that will last.
You're a Tech-forward Innovator
- You are constantly aware of and looking for ways that technology can make our work and company run more efficiently. You are interested by new apps on the market, and often sign up for lots of trials of new technology.
The Interview Process
At Half Past Nine, we value transparency. That means we believe you should know what you're in for when you apply. The process looks like this:
- Please apply via the form attached at the bottom of this page.
- If you are a good fit, we will respond with a calendar link to set up our first interview. We will do our best to respond to all applications.
- There will be between 4-5 interviews, with durations as follows.
- Interview 1: 30 minutes
- Interview 2: 90 minutes
- Interview 3: 60 minutes
- Interview 4+: 60 minutes
- There will be a reference check conducted at the final stage. If this is not ok with you, please do not apply.
- We will do our best to be as expedient with the interview process as possible, to get you an answer in the shortest amount of time.