About Us and Your Team
Half Past Nine was founded to redefine the experience companies have working with outside marketing vendors. Founded in 2020, we're a young, and diverse team that spans 4 continents. We were also created to be 100% remote, and have no plans to require team members to return to a boring, stuffy, office, ever.
Half Past Nine is a Digital Growth Consultancy. We help our clients do one thing: scale, sustainably. With a team that hails from every function of marketing from Brand, to Marketing Automation, to Paid, to PR, to Social, we view growth as a holistic challenge that requires a 360° view on customer acquisition, journey, and retention.
That said, Half Past Nine is not a full-service shop. We focus on two things: paid media, and data leadership. Paid media meaning the deployment of paid dollars at the intersection of efficiency and long term growth. Data leadership meaning best-in-class technology and solutions to have a 360° view on CAC, LTV, the customer, and the market.
What it's Like to Work Here
- Working here is fast paced with a high standard for excellence. You are expected to be an absolute hustler, pushing hard to meet deadlines and client deliverables.
- As an early member of the team you will have unparalleled opportunities to grow alongside the firm. This role has substantial growth opportunities and financial upside, including a track to senior leadership and team development.
- We believe in hiring the best and at the same time giving ultimate freedom to those on the team. This is not a workplace where you have someone breathing down your neck. This is a place where your voice and opinion is heard and valued.
Flexible Work Hours
- If you don't have meetings, no one is keeping score on whether you sign-on at 8 am or 10:30 am. Or if you sign off at 3pm or 7pm. There's an expectation that you will do whatever it takes to get your work done, but there is no expectation of fixed work hours. This isn't a factory line.
- And we mean it. If you can get your work done while on a beach in Miami, go for it. All we ask is for no client calls from the beach please!
- Monthly reimbursements for gym memberships, health + wellness, and continued education. Health Insurance, and PTO that you're actually encouraged to take.
A Seat at the Table
- You’ll have the opportunity to advise some of the smartest CEOs, CMOs, and VPs in the industry on a daily basis, and be viewed as a valued contributor.
A Highly Competitive Salary
- This role pays $125,000 - $140,000 base salary
As a Senior Paid Media Strategist, your mission is to deeply understand each client's business, set measurable outcomes, and own the paid media channels (search + social) to achieve these objectives.
Ad Account Management
- Own paid search + social strategy and execution for 5 client accounts, meeting account targets and goals within 4 months of start.
- Serve as the point-of-contact (PoC) for 3 clients, including all reporting, communication, and account management, with excellent client satisfaction, within 4 months of start.
Increase Organizational Bandwidth
- Increase organizational bandwidth to support 2 new client onboardings within 6 months of start.
- Assume management of an existing team of paid media executional support resources within 2 months of start. You will have ownership of this team and the ability to onboard/off-board players as you see fit.
Training + Team Development
- Play a leadership role in the design and development of a paid media training and learning management system for future hires within 6 months of start.
You are Confident and Personable
- You are convicted in your ideas and can communicate them respectfully.
- In practice, you will own and manage client relationships, project timelines, campaign calendars, and all paid media deliverables.
You are Detail-oriented, Organized, and Timely
- You’re rarely late, and recognize the difference between something good and something great is attention to detail.
- In practice, you will create a media plan that determines where we can most effectively allocate our dollars to maximize return on advertising spend.
You are a Holistic, Creative Problem-Solver at Heart
- You are able to empathize with founders, think holistically, and deeply understand paid advertising's contribution to the partners' business objectives.
- You’re resourceful and enjoy finding creative solutions to complex problems. You understand the value of velocity over perfection.
You are Highly Analytical
- You have the ability to digest complex datasets and translate findings into actionable recommendations to support HP9's partners.
- You will also leverage reporting, analytics, and trend tools on a daily basis; create and deliver accurate analytics and reporting to monitor and show progress, and provide meaningful, actionable insights for improvement.
You are an Excellent, Data-driven Storyteller
- You look at marketing strategy as a story; connecting messaging to the consumer touch-points at each stage of the marketing funnel.
- In execution, you will lead yearly planning, forecasting, budgeting, KPI setting discussions in partnership with mid-market and enterprise clients.
You are Collaborative and Communicative
- You develop strong working relationships, communicate clearly, and respond in a timely manner.
- In practice, you will meet with specialists to plan and execute paid search and paid social campaigns, including but not limited to strategy development, campaign setup, keyword development, ad copy creation & testing, bid & budget management, advertising journeys, and reporting.
You are a Quick Learner
- You have confidence in navigating uncharted territory, you have a process for learning new things quickly.
- In practice, you may be asked to manage advertising campaigns out of an entirely new platform to you.
The Interview Process
Here, we value transparency. That means we believe you should know what you're in for when you apply. The process looks like this:
- Please apply via the form attached at the bottom of this page.
- If you are a good fit, we will respond with a calendar link to set up our first interview. We will do our best to respond to all applications.
- There will be between 3-4 interviews, with durations as follows.
- Interview 1: 30 minutes
- Interview 2: 90 minutes
- Interview 3+: 60 minutes
- There will be a reference check conducted at the final stage. If this is not ok with you, please do not apply.
- We will do our best to be as expedient with the interview process as possible, to get you an answer in the shortest amount of time.