Half Past Nine was founded to redefine the experience companies have working with outside marketing partners. Founded in 2020, we're a young and diverse team that spans 4 continents. We were also founded to be 100% remote, and have no plans to require team members to return to a boring, stuffy, office, ever.
Half Past Nine is a team that hails from every function of marketing from Brand, Marketing Automation, Paid, to PR, to Social, we view growth as a holistic challenge that requires a 360° view on customer acquisition, journey, and retention.
That said, Half Past Nine is not a full-service shop. We focus on two things: Paid Media, and Analytics Engineering. Paid media meaning the deployment of paid dollars at the intersection of efficiency and long term growth. Analytics Engineering meaning best-in-class technology and solutions to have a unified, holistic, 360° view on their customer, and the market.
As Business Development Manager, your mission is two fold: 1) relationships and set valuable meetings for the organization, and 2) build infrastructure and process for the organization, including CRM, sequencing, and more.
What It's Like to Work Here:
- Challenge - working here is fast paced with a high standard for excellence. You are expected to be an absolute hustler, pushing hard to meet deadlines and client deliverables.
- Growth - As an early member of the team you will have unparalleled opportunities to grow alongside the firm. This role has substantial growth opportunities and financial upside, including a track to senior leadership and team development.
- Freedom - we believe in hiring the best and at the same time giving ultimate freedom to those on the team. This is not a workplace where you have someone breathing down your neck. This is a place where your voice and opinion is heard and valued.
- 100% Remote - and we mean it. If you can get your work done while on a beach in Miami, go for it. All we ask is for no client calls from the beach please.
- Benefits - Monthly reimbursements for gym memberships, health + wellness, and continued education. Full Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, and PTO that you're actually encouraged to take.
- A competitive salary, with benefits and additional compensation opportunities based on location and experience.
- Developing and executing effective outbound prospecting strategies, including cold calling, emailing, social selling
- Collaborating with the marketing team, and researchers to optimize lead generation efforts and refine target audience profiles.
- Relationship Building and Qualification:
- Engaging with potential clients to build rapport and establish meaningful relationships.
- Conducting in-depth needs assessments and qualifying leads based on specific criteria.
- Tracking and analyzing key metrics, such as lead conversion rates, outreach activity, and pipeline generation.
- Providing regular reports on performance, identifying trends, and making recommendations for improvement.
- Utilizing CRM systems and sales tools to maintain accurate and up-to-date records of interactions and progress.
- Staying up-to-date with industry trends, market dynamics, and competitor activities.
Required Hard Skills:
- 1+ Years of experience managing a BDR / BD program
- 2+ Years of experience working in a SDR / BDR role previously
- 2+ Years of experience working at a marketing agency selling to VPs, CMOs, and/or Founders
- 2+ Years of experience writing compelling messages across email, linkedin, cold calling, and online communities.
- You are confident and personable with strong Project Management Abilities
- You are process and detail oriented
- You are a witty, extroverted, and persuasive communicator who excels at getting people to say yes
- You develop strong working relationships, communicate clearly, and respond in a timely manner.
- You are a quick learner
The Interview Process
- At Half Past Nine, we value transparency. That means we believe you should know what you're in for when you apply. The process looks like this:
- Please apply via the form attached at the bottom of this page.
- If you are a good fit, we will respond with a calendar link to set up our first interview. We will do our best to respond to all applications.
- There will be between 4-5 interviews, with durations as follows.
- Interview 1: 30 minutes
- Interview Part 2: Take Home Project which will require less than 3 hours of time
- Interview 3: 45 Minute Project Review
- Interview 4: 90 minutes
- There will be a reference check conducted at the final stage. If this is not ok with you, please do not apply. We will do our best to be as expedient with the interview process as possible, to get you an answer in the shortest amount of time.
Business Development Manager
Thank you for your interest in working with us. To get to know you better, we'd like if you could fill out some information.